To release individual students’ music talents, with emphasis on:
- Bringing up individual students’ vocal technique;
- Improve the students’ instrument performing skills;
- Foster creativity and imaginative capabilities among students;
- Strengthen students’ ability to appreciate and perform music.
Activities and Competitions
- Through choir activities, students are trained on ensemble techniques, with team spirit being developed. On campus, choir members perform in concerts as well as worship sessions during Christmas, Easter and School Anniversary. We also perform outside our campus and join open competitions such as the annual Hong Kong School Music Festival.
- Choir members learn songs in Chinese, English and other languages with a view to broaden their choral perspectives.
Musical Instruments and Establishment of School Ensemble
- Recorders are included as part of the curriculum, while after-school lessons on a variety of instruments are provided to raise the level of individual students’ performing skills. Students who show great interest and steady performance would be selected into the school ensembles, such as the String Orchestra and the wind band.
- In view of promoting the appreciation of arts performance, the school launches the scheme “Musical Instruments for All” starting from every school year. Details are as follows:
- To help enhance students’ quality of life through learning to play a musical instrument.
- To help explore and stretch students’ music talent to the fullest.
- To facilitate the development of students’ self esteem and receive a well-balanced curriculum for all-round development.
Performance and competitions
Activities in School
- Chorus Leadership
- Primary 5 and 6 choir members are trained as team leaders;
- Christmas Worship
- Worship will be held with hymns presented by our choirs in December.
Activities outside School
- School Music Festival
- The Choir compete on Church Music – Primary School Choirs (13 years old or under) during the Hong Kong School Music Festival every year. Lessons and practice will take place as relevant.