Our P.E. Curriculum
Through modular approach, teachers will spend a number of lessons continuously to complete the same activity units.
The curriculum includes six strands, they are:
- Motor and Sports Skills
- Health and Fitness
- Sport-related Values and Attitudes
- Knowledge and Practice of Safety
- Knowledge of Movement
- Aesthetic Sensitivity
Curriculum Aims of PE
It aims to help students:
- develop motor skills and acquire necessary knowledge.
- acquire good health, physical fitness and body coordination through an active lifestyle.
- promote desirable moral behaviors, impartiality of attitude, and the spirit of sport.
- understand the importance of cooperation in communal life, develop a sense of responsibility and community belonging.
- enhance ability in making decisions, and the appreciation of aesthetic movements, and foster students’ adaptability, creativity, ability of observation and analytical skill.
- to have basic competence and confidence to face different challenges.
- School Sports Day
- Morning Exercises
- Morning Training (For Athletics and Basketball Team Members Only)
- Inter-Primary School Competitions
- Inter-Primary School Swimming Competition
- Inter-Primary School Athletics Competition
- Inter-Primary School Fencing Competition
- Inter-Primary School Basketball Competition
- Schools Dance Festival (Folk Dance and Sport Dance)
- HK Districts Primary School Rope Skipping Championships (Rope skipping)
Our Sports Teams
- Folk Dance
- Fencing Team
- Basketball Team
- Athletics Team
- Rope Skipping Team
Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- 衛生署 Department of Health http://www.info.gov.hk/dh/
Hong Kong Sports Development Board
Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong Schools Sports Federation
- 香港體育運動網 Hong Kong Sports Net
- 香港中文大學體育教學資源網 The P.E. Web of CUHK
- 體育教學 Hong Kong P.E. Net
Hong Kong Amateur Athletic Association
- 香港排球總會 Hong Kong Volleyball Association, China
- 香港足球總會 Hong Kong Football Association Ltd
- 香港籃球總會 Hong Kong Basketball Association
- 香港跳繩總會 Hong Kong Rope Skipping Association, China
- 跳繩強心 Rope for Heart
- 體適能 Physical fitness